The ‘Introduction to Manual Handling’ course will provide you with an understanding of hazardous manual tasks in the workplace and the methods used to minimise the risk of injury to workers.
On completion of the ‘Introduction to Manual Handling’ course, you will be able to:
- explain the legal requirements for safe manual handling
- list the responsibilities of different parties for safe manual handling
- list the types of hazardous manual tasks
- describe the types of injuries caused by manual handling, and
- explain the ways to reduce the risks of manual handling.
This course is an interactive and engaging way to build your knowledge of ways to reduce or eliminate the risks of manual handling injury in your workplace. The course is narrated and includes a short assessment quiz at the end of the course.
Please allow approximately 45 minutes to complete this course and the related assessment.
There are no pre-requisite requirements for this course.
This course is targeted at anyone who performs manual handling tasks in a non-office based workplace, for example, a warehouse, transport depot, retail outlet, manufacturer, café, construction site etc. If your workplace is office based, you should complete our ‘Introduction to Office Ergonomics and Manual Handling’ course, which will be available soon.